Not to be confused with a Hitchhiker’s Guide reference, this tattoo is a reminder: a permanent Post-It. I traded it for a six pack of Sam Adams at the very beginning of what would become my Internet famous gay divorce.
It may have even helped save my life. It reminded me to breathe. I remember one day in that time period when I couldn’t get the George Washington Bridge out of my head. I only lived about ten blocks away. Luckily, I had an unshakeable support system of people who were there to listen at all hours.
A suicide is attempted every 40-60 seconds. A suicide is completed every 15-18 minutes. That means that around 96 people die from suicide every single day in this country. At least 6 people are intimately affected by each completed suicide. When you do the math, you start to see how overwhelming this problem is: 576 people are affected by suicide in a day; 17,280 in a month; 207,360 in a year.
I truly believe that learning to talk openly about suicide could be a first step toward saving some lives. I’m so close to meeting the goal for my Live Through This Kickstarter campaign, but I still need help. There are over 120 suicide attempt survivors who want to share their stories with me—with us. If you’ve ever been affected by suicide, please consider donating—every single dollar counts. And if you don’t have that dollar to spare, you can help by sharing the link anywhere and everywhere. Please help. You might save a life.
For more information (or to donate), please visit http://bit.ly/livethroughthis.
If you’re feeling suicidal, please talk to somebody. You can reach the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.
It’s the final week of backing for the LTT project, and there’s less than $2000 to go before the campaign is funded. If you or someone you love has been affected by suicide, please consider reblogging and/or donating. Huge thanks to everyone who has helped thus far; you guys are amazing.
New Girl Fandom’s reaction to Nick & Jess kiss.
Alan Sailer is a California based photographer that shoots and captures food through high speed explosions with extremely high speed cameras.
now THIS is photography
Via/Follow The Absolute Greatest Posts…ever.
- If you could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be?
- Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 23, give me line 17.
- What do you think about most?
- What does your latest text message from someone else say?
- Do you sleep with or without clothes on?
- What’s your strangest talent?
- Girls…. (finish the sentence); Boys…. (finish the sentence)
- Ever had a poem or song written about you?
- When is the last time you played the air guitar?
- Do you have any strange phobias?
- Ever stuck a foreign object up your nose?
- What’s your religion?
- If you are outside, what are you most likely doing?
- Do you prefer to be behind the camera or in front of it?
- Simple but extremely complex. Favorite band?
- What was the last lie you told?
- Do you believe in karma?
- What does your URL mean?
- What is your greatest weakness; your greatest strength?
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- Have you ever gone skinny dipping?
- How do you vent your anger?
- Do you have a collection of anything?
- Do you prefer talking on the phone or video chatting online?
- Are you happy with the person you’ve become?
- What’s a sound you hate; sound you love?
- What’s your biggest “what if”?
- Do you believe in ghosts? How about aliens?
- Stick your right arm out; what do you touch first? Do the same with your left arm.
- Smell the air. What do you smell?
- What’s the worst place you have ever been to?
- Choose East Coast or West Coast?
- Most attractive singer of your opposite gender?
- To you, what is the meaning of life?
- Define Art.
- Do you believe in luck?
- What’s the weather like right now?
- What time is it?
- Do you drive? If so, have you ever crashed?
- What was the last book you read?
- Do you like the smell of gasoline?
- Do you have any nicknames?
- What was the last movie you saw?
- What’s the worst injury you’ve ever had?
- Have you ever caught a butterfly?
- Do you have any obsessions right now?
- What’s your sexual orientation?
- Ever had a rumor spread about you?
- Do you believe in magic?
- Do you tend to hold grudges against people who have done you wrong?
- What is your astrological sign?
- Do you save money or spend it?
- What’s the last thing you purchased?
- Love or lust?
- In a relationship?
- How many relationships have you had?
- Can you touch your nose with your tongue?
- Where were you yesterday?
- Is there anything pink within 10 feet of you?
- Are you wearing socks right now?
- What’s your favorite animal?
- What is your secret weapon to get someone to like you?
- Where is your best friend?
- Spit or swallow?(;
- What is your heritage?
- What were you doing last night at 12 AM?
- What do you think is Satan’s last name?
- Be honest. Ever gotten yourself off?
- Are you the kind of friend you would want to have as a friend?
- You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late one more time you get fired. What do you do?
- You are at the doctor’s office and she has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. a) Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? b) What do you do with your remaining days? c) Would you be afraid?
- You can only have one of these things; trust or love.
- What’s a song that always makes you happy when you hear it?
- What are the last four digits in your cell phone number?
- In your opinion, what makes a great relationship?
- How can I win your heart?
- Can insanity bring on more creativity?
- What is the single best decision you have made in your life so far?
- What size shoes do you wear?
- What would you want to be written on your tombstone?
- What is your favorite word?
- Give me the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word; heart.
- What is a saying you say a lot?
- What’s the last song you listened to?
- Basic question; what’s your favorite color/colors?
- What is your current desktop picture?
- If you could press a button and make anyone in the world instantaneously explode, who would it be?
- What would be a question you’d be afraid to tell the truth on?
- One night you wake up because you heard a noise. You turn on the light to find that you are surrounded by MUMMIES. The mummies aren’t really doing anything, they’re just standing around your bed. What do you do?
- You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what’s even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What is that power?
- You can re-live any point of time in your life. The time-span can only be a half-hour, though. What half-hour of your past would you like to experience again?
- You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be?
- You have the opportunity to sleep with the music-celebrity of your choice. Who would it be?
- You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go?
- Do you have any relatives in jail?
- Have you ever thrown up in the car?
- Ever been on a plane?
- If the whole world were listening to you right now, what would you say?
my artist and friend scotttats is the man i love all the work he does on me.
What a complete tool! And his kneck looks like it was done in biro